There’s something compulsive about the adrenaline rush that flounce the workplaces on a Friday!
Something that marks a sense of relaxation, respite, repose and ‘just me-time’ On the contrary, every new week talks about ‘Monday Blues’ and how desperately we all wait for the day to end. For four days – starting Sunday evening till Thursday evening, we look forward to Friday because it’s when pleasure is allowed to ensue again and we can overlook the work weight. But regrettably, this mindset can do more harm than good.
When was the last time you had a wonderful Monday… I am sure you would have never heard of anything like wonderful Monday?
But let me tell you five shortcuts that will uphold your Friday mood all week long-
1) Anticipate the Best: Our perceptions stalk our practice. When we expect something to be bad, in 99% cases it turns out to be bad. Do you know why? Because we set them to be a disaster. Our expectations stem our experiences. The same happens on every Sunday night. But if we promise ourselves to anticipate the best on every work day, you’ll notice that every day becomes enlightening and enriching.
2) Start your day on a high note: It’s very essential to add up your adrenaline weight before your morning commute. Indulge yourself in for a sunrise jog, a walk with a friend or just a good wholesome breakfast. Addressing your health and wellbeing can make your work life more fulfilling.
3) Plan a Cocktail approach during your other weekdays: Fill your weekdays with a mix of activities. Switching between tasks keeps you going and makes the day interesting. Do not overload yourself and take small breaks at regular intervals.
4) Tune Out: Keep distance from digital distractions. Don’t check your social media updates every hour. Tuning out these distractions will surely allow you to work more efficiently.
5) Chop off a few tasks: Many a times we over estimate our caliber to complete tasks. We schedule too much for the workday that we start our day stressed with responsibilities. Moreover, starting the day behind just stacks the added pressure. So, chop off some tasks, this won’t hurt your productivity but will help you to end the day on a positive note!
Let’s benefit from a little softening of the hard edges that we’ve grown accustomed to in this competitive business world. Mindfulness, Pragmatic outlook and a positive approach to work can actually help us become more prolific.
Wearisome…..Wondrous Work days with a Smile!